Tuesday, February 16, 2016

22 and short-n-sweet

June bug's 'bout as big as a carrot, apparently, and I'll safely assume that goes for length only. I've been feeling a lot more lately - finally! Dylan got to feel the baby for sure last night for the first time, and Paul felt a kick this morning! That was exciting since he hadn't experienced that before ... in his memory, anyway. There are general patterns to movement; mostly when I change positions abruptly, like going from walking around to lying or sitting, I can halfway predict a movement. Generally, though, this kid's pretty chill in there. (We'll see how that plays out postpartum in about 4 months.) Here's what we look like nowadays:

The other great news this week is that Paul's skin biopsy came back clear! Praise God! We went in - this time with Ada, too - had a numbing cream, got the stitches out, and popped a band-aid on for the rest of the day. I'm thankful that it's behind him now. This called for a treat afterwards, of course. The gal at Café du Monde said, "Ooo, they'll be hyped up on sugar, for sure", looking at the tiny lollipops they had in hand in addition to what was to come. I told her we had stitches out this morning, so they can have whatever they want! For now. She laughed, agreed, and reiterated, "For now."

Other than baby kicks and clear bills of health, we're celebrating the kids' Baptism days this week. Ada's is the 16th and Paul's the 18th. So, we'll burn their baptismal candles at personalized dinners; that means home-fried chicken bites and broccoli for Ada and Papa's-crust/Mama's-sauce mushroom and olive pizza for Paul. It may be Lent and a time for simplicity, but ya gotta celebrate the things worth celebrating!

1 comment: